Saturday, February 23, 2013

Knotted Wax Linen Basket 2

Just about have my knotted basket completed. I got to the top of my styrofoam form, dug it out and knotted up a few more rows. I finished off the edge with a row using a thicker core. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with all the tails of my knotting threads. I have some ideas, but need to do some experimenting before I start cutting anything.

knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basketknotted waxed linen basket

10 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful!!!
    Blessings~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I believe it was 7 ply, I used to use only 4 ply, but have started using heavier thread.

      Delete
  3. Do you know of a tutorial on how to do the knot please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know of any tutorials or really any books that describe using this technique for three-dimensional forms. It is basically a macrame knot, single- and double-half hitches around a continuous core. Sorry I can't be of more help.

      Delete
  4. How do you decrease as you narrow the basket toward the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take two adjacent threads and make my knot with both of them together for two rows. Then I will cut one of the threads out and continue knotting with just the thread remaining.

      Delete