Sunday, February 17, 2013

Knotted Wax Linen Basket

My friend Joanne asked me to help her with a knotted project he was playing with. I hadn't knotted in ages, so had fun helping her figure out a few different knots that I hadn't even done. I wasn't sure if I was going to give it back to her as I was demonstrating. So, when I got home I started up my own knotted basket.

Here are some photos of the project in process. I am using 7 ply Irish waxed linen in three shades of red. The "beads" are glass headed pins that I use to hold the piece to the styrofoam block that I carved into form. I may or may not dig the styrofoam out of the basket (in all of my other baskets I have).

knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket

UPDATE: Be sure to check out my followup post with more photos of the basket in process, along with the finished piece, here.

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. You have a such a sense of color.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Love it! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see the finished project. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have read my mind...I have wondered how this was done. Beautiful!! And thanks for the demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good work! I love macramè and basket too! Thank you for share it!
    have a good day
    sabrina

    ReplyDelete