Sunday, February 17, 2013

Knotted Wax Linen Basket

My friend Joanne asked me to help her with a knotted project he was playing with. I hadn't knotted in ages, so had fun helping her figure out a few different knots that I hadn't even done. I wasn't sure if I was going to give it back to her as I was demonstrating. So, when I got home I started up my own knotted basket.

Here are some photos of the project in process. I am using 7 ply Irish waxed linen in three shades of red. The "beads" are glass headed pins that I use to hold the piece to the styrofoam block that I carved into form. I may or may not dig the styrofoam out of the basket (in all of my other baskets I have).

knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket
knotted waxed linen basket

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. You have a such a sense of color.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Love it! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see the finished project. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have read my mind...I have wondered how this was done. Beautiful!! And thanks for the demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiquei encantada ...parabéns S2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good work! I love macramè and basket too! Thank you for share it!
    have a good day
    sabrina

    ReplyDelete