Friday, April 1, 2016

Tiered Stands

Tired Stands
So I saw these on some DIY blogs so had to give them a try. They are made from old pie tins and enamelware plates, and table legs. As these "simple" projects you find on Pinterest go these were a bit more tricky than I expected. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find the exact center of a plate, but when you are as much of a perfectionist as I am it can be. Also taking a table leg and sectioning it by making perfectly perpendicular cuts is really challenging. I know I said I was a perfectionist, but making these cuts just right was crucial otherwise your tires end up at wonky angles, like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. I did have to do a bit of sanding to get them just right, but cutting as close to level as possible to begin with really helped.

Two Tired Stand
I was really pleased with how they turned out and I have supplies to make more. I just need to find the time to do it (famous last words, right?)

1 comment: