Friday, September 28, 2018

Two-Tone Painted Basket


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2zDD5nd


I love this beautiful two-toned painted white oak basket. One of my Dad's pickers found in and thought I would want to add it to my collection. He was right!

This basket is a nice smallish size, maybe 13” L x 7” W x 13” H (without handle).

It is always hard to describe the relative size of a basket as there really aren't standard sizes to use as a basis. At first I was going to call this a "small basket", but that makes it sound like it is miniature or something you could hold in the palm of your hand. I think it is easier to describe baskets on either end of the size scale. I think most people would understand and picture the correct scale of a particular basket if you called it "miniature" or "big/large". Even though are still relative terms, but at least you know somebody is getting the gist of what you are try to describe. Now "medium" or "small" start getting into a really gray area. In comparison to a basket you would take to market, this basket is small, but in relative to a basket you would go pick blackberries in, this would be large. If you were comparing this to a basket you wanted to hold magazines, then it would be "medium". I honestly don't think I have cleared anything up here with my explanation...

No comments:

Post a Comment